Our beautiful boutique hotel near Ronda is a haven of peace and comfort and friendliness. Located in the traditional village of Cartajima the hotel offers an interesting contrast and, when it opened in 2004, the tag line was “comfort within, tradition without”. The next one some years later was “Country not city. Stylish not stylistic. Rural not rustic” That was quite good. Then a visiting journalist summed it up with “Style, serenity and comfort in the heart of an Andalucian village.”
On this page, we display some of the features that are visible. Others, such as the harmony that our guests feel the minute they enter the massive chestnut doors, are impossible to photograph. You will have to come to experience them.
- We have six light and airy ensuite rooms each with a lounging area. See the Rooms page for full details of each. Then take your pick.
- Given our Mediterranean climate, we have individually controlled heating and cooling throughout the building.
- Free wifi. The building is large and solidly built so John has struggled over the years to get the wifi strong in all areas. We can now say that he has achieved his objective.
- When designing the building in 2002 we were anxious to offer the guests open, light, airy spaces so the ground floor is just that. See the pictures below. Part of it is the drawing room where guests frequently gather before dinner for a sherry or a G & T and a chat. It has a roaring chestnut fire in Winter and offers a cool retreat in summer.
- Next to it is the snug which has the honesty bar (help yourself if we aren´t around), extensive library, lots of games, DVDs and a television. We hasten to point out that it is the only television in the hotel.
- The dining room which has six tables which we push together when our guests decide to continue their conversation over dinner. At Christmas when we have a full house, we put all six together to make one long table which is very festive.
- On the top of the building is the rooftop terrace, (see image at top of page) a wondrous place at any time of the year with mesmerising views over the valley and the mountains. It is not uncommon for a “wow” to escape my guests when first they see it! There are loungers to take the sun, an awning to shield you from it, and we often serve pre-dinner drinks up there. Check it out!
- Also on the top floor is the mini gym which has an infrared sauna, a rowing machine, a stationary bicycle, a meditation or yoga area, a few weights and glorious views.
- The last thing to stress is that we have no room televisions and no newspapers.