About Hotel Los Castaños
Our beautiful boutique hotel near Ronda is a haven of peace, comfort and friendliness. Located in the white village of Cartajima the hotel offers an interesting contrast.
When the previous owners opened in 2004 the tag line was “comfort within, tradition without”. The next one some years later was “Country not city. Stylish not stylistic. Rural not rustic.” That was quite good. Then a visiting journalist summed it up with “Style, serenity and comfort in the heart of an Andalucian village.” Whichever might fit, you’ll probably discover these and more perspectives on our house and the area. We love to host you and make sure you have a wonderful and relaxing time here.
On this page, we display some of the features that are visible. Others, such as the harmony that our guests feel the minute they enter the massive chestnut doors, are impossible to photograph. You will have to come to experience them.
- We have six light and airy ensuite rooms each with a lounging area. See the room page for full details of each. Then take your pick. We are happy to help you to make the right choice.
- Given our Mediterranean climate, we have individually controlled heating and cooling throughout the building.
- Free wifi in the whole building.
- When the building in 2002 was designed the previous owners were anxious to offer the guests open, light, airy spaces so the ground floor is just that. Part of it is our lounge area where guests frequently gather before or after dinner for a drink and a chat. It has a roaring chestnut fire in Winter and offers a cool retreat in summer.
- Next to it we have our kids corner for our youngest guests and a library we try to extend bit by bit.
- In the kids corner is our only television in our hotel. Kids can watch movies. We got some DVD’s in case you want to enjoy a movie. It is part of our concept not to have television in the rooms as we want you to disconnect from all the hustle you are facing the whole year.
- We have an honesty bar in our dining room. Help yourselves if we are not around.
- In our spacious dining room you enjoy your breakfast and if you go for it the surprise dinners. We have a great variety of regional wines and wines from Bordeaux. You can take a glance in our new set up wine corner. We are happy to give you information and recommendation to make the right choice.
- Feel free to step from the dining room into our small and shady typical spanish patio.
- On the top of the building is the rooftop terrace, a wondrous place at any time of the year with mesmerising views over the valley and the mountains. It is not uncommon for a “wow” to escape our guests when first they see it! There are loungers to take the sun, an awning to shield you from it. Check it out!
- Also on the top floor is the mini gym which has an infrared sauna, a rowing machine, a few weights. Feel free to use it.