The Village Room
The Village Room is the perfect vantage point to observe the goings-on of Cartajima, the locals going to the Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) usually with a minor rant about something negligible but a chance to socialise and talk to the mayor!
Protected from onlookers by the plants growing on your balcony, you can also observe who is going to the bar down in the plaza below the ayuntamiento. Most of the villagers pass by the square, which is actually more round than square, during the course of their day going to get bread from the local store or to play cards in the evening with their mates or simply to sit on a bench and chat. This room is on the same floor as the dining room so you can make a beeline for the sumptuous breakfast buffet which starts at 9 am. We are however flexible and will serve breakfast earlier for those with an early flight or who have an early entrance time for the oh so scary Caminito del Rey. Not scary at all! Simply magnificent.
Our only ground floor room. south facing, very light and airy room. Full walk-in shower room with bidet. half balcony overlooking village square and fluttering flags of the Ayuntamiento (Town Hall). Special feature: Access to drawing room, snug, dining room without climbing stairs perfect for people with physical limitations.
– Kingsize bed with 100% cotton linen (two single beds also possible)
– Ensuite bathroom equipped with everything you need
– Breakfast included
– Selection of in-room tea and coffee choices
– Free WiFi
– Minibar with a good choice of sodas, wines, beer – not at hotel prices!
– Half balcony
– Fine reading lights
– Sketching and mindfulness colouring materials!
Note for animal lovers and those with allergies: we have a resident cat and dogs. The cat prefers to live outside and the dogs are not running around the hotel unless guests ask to meet them!
– six light airy ensuite rooms with lounging area
– individually controlled AC/heating throughout
– free wifi
– drawing room with roaring chestnut fire in the winter and cool retreat in summer
– snug with honesty bar, extensive library, games and DVDs (and a TV)
– dining room leading into the flower-filled Moorish courtyard
– rooftop terrace with mesmerising views over the valley and the mountains.
– loungers and an awning for those avoiding the sun
– candle-lit Western Mediterranean 3-course dinner available upon request
– Exquisite local Ronda wines
– No Room TVs or newspapers