We plan to reopen on 26th June unless we are told otherwise. This page will inform you about our coronavirus precautions.
Almola mountain in the photo above is the backdrop for our little village of Cartajima and is symbolic of the advantages of where we are: remote, off-the-beaten-path, pure mountain air, low population density, pristine walking routes between villages, and a responsible small boutique hotel to stay in.
As you will know if you have stayed with us, Los Castaños always gets a 10+ for cleanliness. But we cannot rest on our laurels and times have changed so we are changing with them. We will abide by all the government’s requirements and have been creatively thinking about what we can do to make your stay as risk-free as possible. Sadly, no more welcome hand shakes or hugs for returning guests!
Important points about Los Castaños
- We are a small secluded exclusive property in a remote country area
- Small village with mostly elderly population (pop 100) and no cases of Covid
- Wonderful pristine mountain walking
- Spacious open plan common areas allow distance between guests and lots of space to be alone
- We will only be using 3 of our 6 rooms for the moment except for family groups thus reducing occupancy
- We have invested in a WHO recommended ozone generator to supplement our cleaning protocol
- There will be sanitising gel placed in the entrance way and other strategic places.
- Our floors are ceramic tiles – no carpets
- Controlled access – our entrance door is always closed
- Our coronavirus precautions have been intensively researched and implemented
- Not the cheapest so you can be assured that everything possible has been done to ensure a pleasant, peaceful and risk-free stay.
As always we will not be taking deposits so if you need to cancel at the last minute there is no financial complication and no
Room Sanitising between stays
According to the WHO, ozone is one of the best disinfecting methods so we have invested in an ozone generator. When a room is vacated it will not be used for two days following departure of our guests. The generator will be run before our housekeeper enters to carry out our normal cleaning protocol which has always included cleaning all touchable surfaces with a 1:10 bleach to water mixture. She will run the ozone generator one more time. Just to be sure to be sure. ♥
Room Cleaning during your stay
It has been mooted that the government will ban the daily cleaning of rooms in order to protect cleaning staff from possible contamination. In that case we will provide towels etc on demand and new cups, cafetiere, etc.
If or when we are allowed by government regulations to enter an occupied room for cleaning, the ozone generator will be run prior to the general cleaning by Silvia. This will sanitise all the soft furnishings in your room.Bathroom, all handles, remote for AC, mini bar, all hard surfaces, in fact anything that could have been touched by human hand will be cleaned with the recommended 1:10 bleach to water solution.
Breakfast and Dinner
It is possible that breakfast buffet service will be banned and in that case we have solutions up our sleeve. We will serve you at your table after you have chosen from a menu of all our normal goodies. We will bring it to you rather than you having to go for it.
Dinner is not a buffet so can continue as normal. Guests often choose to sit together and that must remain their choice. We can seat you further apart but still within reasonable conversational distance.
Salon, honesty bar access, rooftop terrace
The salon area, where guests enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail, will be closed from 2200 hours until the morning for ozone cleaning.
We will serve all guests what they need from the honesty bar.
The rooftop terrace will remain open as it is very expansive and three couples can keep lots of space between them.